Snapmaker Luban (Luban hereafter) is a free, open-source slicing software tailor-made for Snapmaker machines. This manual offers useful tips to help you find your way around. To use versions previous to 4.0, see the Quick Start Guide or User Manual of your machine.
1.2 System Requirements
* macOS >= 11, for legacy macOS 10 versions (Catalina, Mojave, High Sierra), please upgrade to at least macOS 11
1.3 Version Requirements
To use Luban with your machine, download the designated versions:
- Snapmaker Original: Snapmaker Luban 3.1.0 or later
- Snapmaker Original with Z-axis Extension Module: Snapmaker Luban 3.12.2 or later
- Snapmaker Original Enclosure: Snapmaker Luban 3.9.0 or later
- Snapmaker 2.0 A150 or A250 or A350: Snapmaker Luban 3.1.0 or later
- Snapmaker 2.0 Enclosure: Snapmaker Luban 3.5.0 or later
- Snapmaker 2.0 Rotary Module: Snapmaker Luban 3.14.0 or later
- Snapmaker 2.0 Emergency Stop Button: Snapmaker Luban 3.14.0 or later
- Snapmaker 2.0 Air Purifier: Snapmaker Luban 3.15.0 or later
- 10W Laser Module: Snapmaker Luban 4.2.0 or later
- Dual Extrusion Module: Snapmaker Luban 4.5.0 or later
- Snapmaker J1: Snapmaker Luban 4.5.0 or later
- Snapmaker Artisan: Snapmaker Luban 4.5.0 or later
Download Luban from one of the following:
To install Luban, follow these steps:
1. Double-click to run the EXE file.
2. Browse to select the target file folder, and click Install.
Unless you are specifically instructed to right-click (as in the right mouse button), you always left-click (as in the left mouse button) when the word click appears.
3. After Luban is installed, click Finish.
1. Double-click to run the DMG file.
2. Drag and drop Snapmaker Luban.app into the Applications file folder.
3. After Luban is copied, the installation is completed, and Luban is ready for use.
Luban and the firmware of Touchscreen are open-source, accessible to anyone who can see, distribute, and compile the code as they see fit.
1.6.1 Develop Luban
To develop Luban, go to Snapmaker/Luban and read README at GitHub.
1.6.2 Firmware Tool
There are two types of firmware in Touchscreen—Controller firmware and Module firmware that you can access. To find the Firmware Tool, click Help > Firmware Tool on the menu bar.
To develop the firmware, follow these steps:
2. After contributing the code, go to the Firmware Tool on Luban. Click Choose File to import the code file, click Compile and Export to convert it to the file format that can be saved and updated via USB flash drive.
On the menu bar, click Settings to set the language and machine preferences.
1.7.1 Language Settings
On the menu bar, click Settings > Language, and a pop-up window will be displayed. Go to the Language pane, click the drop-down list to select your preferred language, and click Save.
1.7.2 Machine Settings
On the menu bar, click Settings > Machine Settings, and a pop-up window will be displayed. Go to the Machine pane, click the drop-down list to select your machine model, and click Save.