When a toolhead is connected to the machine, the Touchscreen displays the lower screen, and the problem persists no matter which toolhead is connected to the machine.
- The toolhead cable is broken.
- The firmware is outdated.
- The Controller is broken.
- One or more broken modules are affecting the Controller Network Area (CAN) communication between the Controller and other modules.
1. Replace the current toolhead cable with one of the interchangeable cables (see picture below). See if this solves the problem. If not, please go to step 2.
2. Download and install the latest version of firmware here. Then try to connect the toolheads to the machine again.
3. If the problem persists, turn off the machine and unplug all the cables (except for the ones for the Power Module and Touchscreen) from the Controller.
4. Connect one of the three toolheads to the machine. Restart the machine, and see if the machine can detect the toolhead connected.
- If no, turn off the machine and plug in another toolhead, repeat the step until you have tested all of the three toolheads. If the machine still cannot detect any of the toolheads, then the Controller is broken and needs to be replaced. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If yes, then the problem is with the Linear Modules or the port on the Controller. Please contact us at email@example.com and we will help you in further troubleshooting.