When the filament is inserted into the 3D Printing Module but is not used for a long time, it may break inside the module. Usually, it may break in the following 3 positions. In this case, you can’t pull out the remaining filament or insert new filament.
This guide will teach you how to solve this problem.
Tools you need: tape, blowing dust ball, 2.0 mm and 1.5 mm hex key wrench, nipper pliers, dual-purpose screwdriver.
1.Detach the side cover
Make sure that the nozzle is cooled to room temperature and then detach the side cover by using the provided screwdriver.
2.Detach the nozzle
- Loosen the screw on the heated block with a 1.5mm hex key wrench, and then extract the heating tube and thermistor.
- Secure the heating tube and thermistor with tape and use the provided 2.0 mm hex key wrench to loosen the screw under the fan.
- Press the button on the front of the 3D Printing Module and extract the nozzle.
3.Cut off the protruding filament
Cut off the protruding filament with the nipper pliers as much as you can. Make sure there is no filament protruding from the tube.
There may be debris inside the module. You can use a blowing dust ball to do the cleaning.
4.Attach the nozzle
- Install the nozzle back to the module and tighten the screw under the fan.
- Insert the heating tube and thermistor into the heated block. Part of the heating tube should come out from the other side of the heated block and the length of the protruding parts from both ends of the heating tube should be the same.
- Tighten the screw on the heated block.
- Connect the module to the controller and turn on the power.
- On the touchscreen, go to Controls > Change filament > Confirm and wait for the nozzle to be heated up to 200 degrees.
- Make sure that the end of the filament is as straight as possible so that it can be inserted successfully. Press the button and insert the new filament until it extrudes smoothly.
- Press the button again to pull out the new filament quickly.
- Wait for the nozzle to cool down and turn off the power. Unplug the module cable and install the side cover.
Feel free to contact us for more help at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are always available to help you out.