The Heated Bed won't heat up when you set the target temperature on the Touchscreen or when you start a print.
- The cable of the Heated Bed is broken.
- The thermistor of the Heated Bed is open- or short-circuited.
- The Heated Bed is open-circuited.
- The Heated Bed port on the Controller is broken.
1. Examine the cable of the Heated Bed, and see if it's damaged in any way. If it is, you might need to replace the Heated Bed.
2. Get a multimeter, unplug the Heated Bed cable from the Controller, and measure the resistance of the Heated The resistance should be in the range of 60 KΩ – 130 KΩ. If the test value is out of the range, then the Heated Bed might be broken, replacing it might solve the issue.
3. Check if the circuit is open. Get a multimeter, set it to continuity, and test the two big pins (see picture below) inside the connector of the Heated Bed cable.
- If the multimeter displays a value of zero (or near zero), and makes a buzz sound, then the circuit is
- If the multimeter displays 1 or OL (open loop), then there's no continuity, which indicates the circuit is open. Replacing the Heated Bed might solve the issue.
4. If previous troubleshooting doesn't solve the problem, then it might be that the Heated Bed port on the Controller is broken. Replacing the Controller might solve the problem.
When you have identified the problem, please contact us at email@example.com for further help.