- The USB flash drive is broken.
- The file system of the USB flash drive is not FAT32.
- The USB port on the Controller is broken.
- The Touchscreen is broken.
1. Check whether the USB flash drive is faulty. Plug it into your computer and see if it works. You can also try another USB flash drive if you have a spare one. If the new USB flash drive works well, then the replaced USB flash drive is broken.
2. The machine only supports FAT32 format, so if your USB flash drive is programmed to other formats, it won't be detected. You can try formatting your drive as FAT32. Note that your drive will be erased during the process, so before reformatting your USB flash drive, store its files elsewhere. Alternatively, you can use a new drive.
To reformat your USB flash drive to FAT32, follow these steps:
For USB flash drive with a capacity under 32GB:
a. Press the Win key and the X key at the same time.
b. Click on Windows PowerShell(Admin).
c. On the Windows PowerShell panel, type in the command below, and then hit the Enter key.
format /FS:FAT32 /Q X:
Replace the 'X' at the end of the command with the drive letter of your USB flash drive.
For USB flash drive with a capacity bigger than 32GB:
a. Download the FAT32 Format program here.
b. Run the program and format the USB flash drive to FAT32.
a. Open Terminal, input the commands below, and then hit the Enter key.
b. Check the number of your USB flash drive as circled in the above picture. After that, input the commands below, and then hit the Enter key. (This step requires your PC password)
sudo diskutil eraseDisk FAT32 USB MBRFormat /dev/diskX
Replace the 'X' at the end of the command with the number of your USB flash drive.
3. If the problem persists, then the Controller might be broken. Connect your phone (or other electronic devices) to the USB port on the Controller with a USB cable. See if it can be charged.
- If yes, then the USB port on the Controller is fine.
- If not, then the USB port on the Controller is broken, and the Controller needs to be replaced.
4. The machine actually reads the files in the USB flash drive through the Touchscreen. If you have tried all of the above steps and the problem still exists, it is likely to be caused by the failure of the Touchscreen. Replacing the Touchscreen is expected to solve the problem.
If you've tried all the above steps and the problem still persists, please contact us at email@example.com for help.